Social Icons

twitterfacebook Photobucket

October 14, 2012

What I've been up to...

As promised, here are some pics and such of things I have been up to in the past month or two.

In mid September, I went to the North Country Fiber Festival, where I spent three fabulous days doing nothing but spinning, shopping, and eating great food.  I went along with several ladies from my local knitting group, and we all helped our friend Rita set up the CR Yarn booth at the festival.  I got to see what must have been the world's largest art batt being built, then participated in spinning a part of it (called the fiber sandwich).  Yarns that were spun from the fiber sandwich were then auctioned off to raise money for next year's festival.  It's amazing how many different variations of yarn can come from the same blend of fibers.  By Sunday, the spinning circle took up most of half of a large warehouse!









The biggest thing I've done is to finally open my Etsy shop, of course.  Sales have been pretty good for just starting out, I think.  I've had to restock a few things so I've spent a bit of time prepping batts for sale.  Just today I got a new batch of "Intense Rainbow" gradient batts ready to list.



My dad turns eighty this January, and he decided he would like to celebrate his birthday this month instead because, hey, who wants to travel to the Midwest in January?!  My sister from down south flew in early, and several other relatives from the west coast came as well.  It was a very busy but very fun couple of weeks!  Dad's party went off without a hitch and everyone seemed to have a great time.  My sisters and I whipped up a parody to the tune of "Hello Dolly" which was quite a hit.

I also got to show off my fiber studio to some unsuspecting relatives.  LOL!

Here's a couple of pictures of party preparations in progress.  Eighty balloons is a LOT!  I'm certainly glad they were helium and we didn't have to blow them all up!





No comments:

Post a Comment