Social Icons

twitterfacebook Photobucket

August 29, 2012

Intense? Ohhh, yeah!

I  am unabashedly addicted to intense color in my spinning fibers!  There, I said it!  LOL!

I've been very busy in the past month or so dyeing fibers for spinning.  (Did I mention I'm also addicted to spinning now?)  For the past day or so I've been trying to take photos of my various batts and rovings so I can put them up for sale on the internet.  

Trying to get photos that accurately depict the real colors of items is.... trying.  I've tried various methods.  I even went so far as to build myself an inexpensive light box for more even lighting.  No matter what I do the color seems to be just a bit off, or the backgrounds are coming out yellowish or grayish, even when I'm using bright white posterboard as a background.  I've tried different types of lighting and different settings on my digital camera.  Even with the best photos of the bunch I'm having to do a bit of adjustment to get the brightness and color balance right.  I'm beginning to suspect what I really need is a new camera.  *Sigh*

I did manage to get some decent photos finally.  Here's a sneak peak of what's going to be available (most likely on Etsy), very soon.




 


  

No comments:

Post a Comment