Social Icons

twitterfacebook Photobucket

August 27, 2012

Breaking out of the asylum...

I found this draft of a post that I somehow forgot to publish.  The original post date was about 2 years ago!

"I decided recently that it's time for me to try to break out of my housebounded momness. My daughter is age 19 and although she is currently living at home while attending a local college, I know she will be moving out on her own in the near future. It dawned on me that over the course of my momishness I have become more and more isolated. I work at home, so I seldom get out into the "real world" and have had no real social life for quite a while without really noticing it."

Well, since them I've found a local knitting group which I've been involved with nearly every week for the past couple of years.  Through them I have found new friends and new fiber addictions, and have really broken out of the shell I was in!  I've traveled to Handcrafted in the Hills knitting/spinning retreat both years, and to North Country Fiber Festival last year.  I'll be going to NCFF again in a few weeks, too.  I also spent a good portion of the last week at the Central States Fair spinning and weaving in public.  Quite a change from my prior isolated life!

No comments:

Post a Comment