Social Icons

twitterfacebook Photobucket

January 28, 2014

Keeping busy!

So many ideas, so much to do, so little time!  It's cold and dreary outside, but my wool and fibers keep me happy, busy, and thinking warm thoughts.  My husband got me "The Spinner's Book of Yarn Designs" for Christmas, and I've been happily reading and re-reading it.  There are so many different techniques in this book that I want to try!  I think the first one will be bubble crepe yarn.

Today I'm working on lazy kates, though.  I finally managed to get all my materials now that my supplier is back in business, and we had a nice warm day last weekend so I could get outside to do the sanding.  I'm applying the wood stain and sealer now, and hope to have them all finished and relisted in my Etsy shop by this coming weekend.  After I get them done, my treat will be to play with the bubble crepe technique.  (Sometimes I just need to promise myself something fun as incentive to get something done around here!)

When I get started on the bubble crepe I plan to post lots of pics of the fibers and process.

Hope you all have been keeping warm and busy, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment