Social Icons

twitterfacebook Photobucket

February 19, 2013

Time Flies ... and Socks

Where does the time go?  It seems nothing is happening, then suddenly I'm so busy I don't know whether I'm coming or going and the time just whizzes by!

I'm currently dyeing LOTS of spinning fibers, trying to get enough done to stock my Etsy shop and a consignment booth (more on that later).  

I've fairly recently gotten into experimenting with sock blanks.  I bought an Ultimate Sweater Machine off eBay and use that to knit up the blanks, using a double strand of sock yarn.  Once the blanks are dyed, they can be unraveled to make a matched pair of socks with some amazing color effects that just can't be achieved any other way.  

I've only actually dyed one so far but I've been scouring the internet looking for ideas.  I'm knitting up a pair of socks from my first blank and they are turning out GORGEOUS!  It's so exciting to see what happens when you knit up the blank!

Here's the dyed blank and the socks in progress.  Aren't they beautiful?  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment