Social Icons

twitterfacebook Photobucket

May 18, 2011

To Dye For...

Not only have I been sticking to my Knitter's New Year resolutions, I have found all kinds of new fun things to play with! 

I've recently bought a spinning wheel and I've been learning to spin my own yarn.  I've also been playing around with dyeing yarn and roving, and I'm having a blast!

Here's my very first handspun yarn.  Not very much yardage because it took me a bit to get the hang of spinning, but still quite pretty:



Then I moved on to hand dyeing yarn and roving.  Most recently I dyed this roving:


Which I then used my new wheel to spin this yummy yarn:



Isn't it pretty?!  Sadly there's only about 140 yards so there's not a whole lot I can knit out of it.  Right now I'm trying to decide what it wants to be.  The colors really would be beautiful with this pattern but I just don't have enough yardage.  *sigh*




No comments:

Post a Comment